We are seeking to fill these positions immediately. Interested applicants must email their resume’ which should include 3 professional references along with a high resolution head shot photo of yourself and a detailed statement enlisting why you believe you would be a great fit for the position in which you are applying for. Someone will be in touch within 72 hours of your submission. Send information to: email@example.com.
All positions (except Advertisement/Sales positions) are on a volunteer basis only however, we do offer incentives such as discounts via advertisements in Women of Standard Magazine as well an opportunity for brand expansion & more!
Interns Are Needed for:
Social Media Team (run online pages such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn
Local Street Team
Online Writing (WOS 411 Column: Report the news, develop articles & include videos;etc)
If interested please email us at Info@WomenofStandard.org.
The Women of Standard writers are involved in the creation and development of works of fiction and non-fiction. This covers a number of wide and varied forms including poetry, prose, life writing, and feature interviews. Writers may also create the content for websites or for the magazine.
Writers: We are seeking writers to help expand the following columns in our online publication:
1. Women Entrepreneurship
3. Health & Fitness (Recipes with pics/workout tips/exercises with photos)
4. Dating & Relationships (Short Stories included)
Duties and Responsibilities
Writers’ duties include the following:
Submitting 1 article per month (due by the 1st of every month)
Selecting subject matter based on personal or public interest, or commissioned by the Editor.
Developing the technical skills of writing and maintaining originality
Adhere to strict deadlines.
Submit material for publication in the required and expected format.
Adapting writing style to that of the publication as needed.
Skills and Specifications
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. A writer must not only be proficient in grammar, spelling and composition, but also have the ability to:
– exercise self-discipline and time management to organize writing projects
– think logically and exercise good judgment
– be coachable and receptive to constructive feedback in the most appropriate manner
– visualize the end product while focusing on and remembering details
– reorganize a document to achieve clarity and momentum
– recognize what’s missing in a passage
– use a wide range of reference materials
– recognize patterns, organize ideas
– question assumptions, theories and facts
Education and Qualifications
The ideal candidate must possess a High school diploma or general education diploma from an accredited institution. Some college is preferred.
Successful completion of a background check is required.
Please send sample articles to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Please ensure articles DO NOT exceed 500 words.
Advertising/Sales Rep Position:
Women of Standard Magazine is looking for talented and top performing sales professionals who will help us build our magazine reach. Our ideal employee will be a self-starter with strong organizational and leadership qualities.
Sales Manager : This person would be responsible for meeting the sales targets monthly through effective planning and budgets, build a solid sales team, devise strategies and techniques necessary for achieving the sales targets, brand promotion and more! This person must be professional, excellent with numbers, have a minimum of 5 years experience in sales, trustworthy, professional, excellent leadership skills, well groomed and practices excellent time management. Five professional references are needed for this position as well.
TO APPLY: Email your contact information, a brief description of yourself, any previous experience, and resume to email@example.com.
Please include the hours you are typically available.
NOTE: This is a commission-based position.
- Obtaining new accounts through cold calling and scheduled phone appointments.
- Selling advertising time or space to clients who contact us.
- Gathering information about clients in order to customize presentations to them.
- Offering a price and negotiating around it
- Closing the deal and recording the details
- Troubleshooting any problems clients might have with their ads.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal & written.
- Able to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to directly motivate and supervise others to achieve maximum performance.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Detail-oriented and the ability to follow up on tasks.
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritizing, and managing time efficiently
- Commission-based income.
- Discounted registration and ticket rates to our magazine-sponsored events
- FREE magazine subscription
- We hold regular trainings to build sales knowledge as well as sales material and daily sales support to assist you in closing sales.
This concludes the current available positions at Women of Standard Magazine. We look forward to working with you!